Steering Column Repair/1984 Chevrolet C-10

I'm having trouble finding a 1984 C-10 steering column. Are there any other steering columns that will work. I'd like a shorter shaft on the column as well so the steering wheel isn't in my chest. Is this possible ?

Hello Steven:

You don't say whether your truck is a tilt or non-tilt column, so I can only direct you to a search function.  Columns are available.  There really isn't any way to reduce the length of a column without going the route of a complete custom column.  You don't say why you are replacing it, but none the less, here is a site you can log onto to find the column you need.
It's the website all the salvage yards use when they say "Hang on--let me see if my other yard has it".  Actually it's an online database of all the salvage yards in America.  You can search by part, location or price

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help