Steering Column Repair/linkage arm on 64 pickup

Camille Gilliland

My husband is restoring a 64 chevy pickup and he replaced the 6 cylinder motor and power glide trans..with a 350V8 and 350 turbo Trans..linkage arm from transmission to steering column to there a possible fix for this. thank You

Hi Camille:
Nice project truck.  Changes like that often require fabrication and custom linkages. to be made or altered  Our company does not have any of these types of parts but it is certainly possible to make.  If you do not have a metal shop to work with, the even stock 3/8 rod from Home Depot can be heated and bent to accommodate your needs.

I hope this helps

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help