Steering Column Repair/linkage arm on 64 pickup

Question
Camille Gilliland

My husband is restoring a 64 chevy pickup and he replaced the 6 cylinder motor and power glide trans..with a 350V8 and 350 turbo Trans..linkage arm from transmission to steering column to short..is there a possible fix for this. thank You

Answer
Hi Camille:
Nice project truck.  Changes like that often require fabrication and custom linkages. to be made or altered  Our company does not have any of these types of parts but it is certainly possible to make.  If you do not have a metal shop to work with, the even stock 3/8 rod from Home Depot can be heated and bent to accommodate your needs.

I hope this helps

Good luck
Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan