Steering Column Repair/Sterring column disassembly

Question
I am getting ready to replace a wiper switch into a 1996 Ford Thunderbird.  My question is how hard is it to take apart the column to expose the part that I need to, install it and then reassemble the steering column?  It also has a drivers side airbag in the column.  The vehicle belongs to my mother and she is on a fixed income and I am trying to save her a little money.

Thanks for any assistance.

Answer
Push release pin
Push release pin  

multiswitch
multiswitch  
Hi George:
That's nice of you to do for your Mom.  
This is an incredibly easy job.  Remove the upper and lower covers.  You will need to release and remove the lock to get the lower cover off.  To do this, turn the key to "on" and push the release tab on the lock through the access hole in the lower column cover.
Once the covers are off, remove the 2 screws that secure the wiper (multifunction) switch and unplug the wires.
That's it!
No airbag, no steering wheel, just screws and a release pin.

Good luck
Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan