Steering Column Repair/jeep cj steering column compatibility

What other vehicles used the same steering column as I have in my jeep cj7 (1980)  I am trying to find one to rebuild and it seems that no one knows what other vehicles used the same column as my AMC CJ7.  HELP!!!

Hi Don:

1979-1984 CJ5 & CJ7 are the interchanges available for your column (complete).  Many other years and models use the same internal parts, but that would be item by item, not something that is listed or available anywhere.

You can browse our company website for individual parts if you need them.  As it was a GM design, you can cross reference GM parts on our site as well.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help