Steering Column Repair/2000 Chevy S-10 horn problem

Question
The horn works when the button on the key fob is pressed but not when pushing on the steering wheel.  Is this a fairly easy fix or should it be left to a professional?  If it's fairly easy, I would appreciate a how-to.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Mike:
The horn itself is good as proven by the fob.  The problem lies in the steering column or in the horn circuit.  The first step in checking it out is to remove the airbag and see if you can get the horn to sound by grounding the horn contact inside the steering wheel.  If this seems too dangerous or unfamiliar to you then I would seek a competent mechanic. It doesn't sound like a complicated fix, but it could get expensive if the multifunction switch or airbag (with horn
contacts) are at fault

Good luck
Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan