Steering Column Repair/remove ignitonswitch clynder

Question
my switch is in the off or lock position and will not move to the on position to remove can you help 1997 chevorlet truck 1500

Answer
Hello Jimmy:

That problem is quite common.  As the lock is bad and in need of replacement, you will need to force it to the 'ON' position with some channel lock pliers.  Make sure the battery is disconnected as it may get stuck in the start position during this process and you do not want to damage the starter.  
You may have to break the plastic bezel off the lock to grab the lock housing 'carefully' and rotate it enough to access the release pin hole.

Good luck

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan