Steering Column Repair/bypassing vats system on '96 buick regal

Question
Can you show me how an owner can bypass the vats system on a '96 buick regal custom without an ohms meter or paying a mechanic to do it? It won't start unless I turn the key twice,leave it on for 10 mins. then go back and sneek up on it and turn the key and it will start. Seems like it has a mind of it's own. I'm tired of geting stuck out and it won't start. Also tell me where I can buy the parts I need to bypass system. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Sandra:

We have recently uploaded pages and a description of how to bypass the VATS system on GM vehicles that have the chip on the key.  They are broken down into step by step detailed instructions with photos(for a small fee).
http://www.steeringcolumnservices.com/steering-column-repair-how-to-instructions

I hope these instructions help you.  If not, please contact me again for more information.
Lastly, if you need parts to repair this column simply email us on our "Contact Us / Order Parts" page and we will get back in touch with you personally

Good luck

Doug

http://www.steeringcolumnservices.com

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan