Steering Column Repair/saturn steering column

Question
Hi my husband just replaced the steering column on our 2001 Saturn Sci because of locking ignition.now the security light keeps flashing ,when the lite stops flashing car will start but keeps shutting off.any solution would be appreciated My husband is really good mechanic but cannot figure this stupid Saturn out.

Answer
Hi Linda:

The new column has an antitheft module that now needs to be programmed to your car.  Our company sell the instructions on how to accomplish this, but here is the procedure (for free, cause I like you :-)
Pass-Lock Re-Learn Procedure
Tools Required: None

The following procedure will enable you to reprogram the Pass-Lock security system.   Here's how to do it without a scan tool. It may take up to takes 30 minutes and patience to do it right – (3 – 10 minute cycles)
1.) Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
2.) Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to the "ON" position
(vehicle will not start).
3.) Observe the SECURITY telltale; it should be flashing. If it is not flashing, then you
need a scan tool to repair this.
If it is flashing…proceed.
4.) After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn ON for 5 seconds and then OFF.
5.) Once to turns OFF, Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF, and wait 7-10 seconds .
6.) Then: Repeat steps 1 through 5,
2 more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes
7.) After the 3rd time you turn off the ignition, wait 7-10 seconds and then start the
engine. The vehicle has now learned the Pass-Lock Sensor Data Code and/or password and should remain running.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan