Steering Column Repair/Steering column

Question
I bought parts to replace a turn signal switch in the tilt column of a 1990 Cadillac Seville. I have never done this before but I am a fairly good mechanic. I have plenty of tools but maybe not all that I need for the job. I took the column apart piece by piece as instructed by my cadillac repair manual. Seemed to go just fine until I had all the parts out of the way that were required and then I bumped the upper shaft. It fell back out of the bearing and possibly twisted a bit. When I try to put it back together, the shaft ends up being too short to get the steering wheel on. I can pull it out further by hand, but I have no way to hold it in place. Not sure if a pin is missing or what? Frustrated!

Answer
Hi Dave:

I'll help you finish it, but you need to tell me if you have a telescopic column or not.  Very different answers depending on the design you have.

You can email me directly at support@steeringcolumnservices.com if you want to work outside this forum.

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan