Steering Column Repair/96 regal

How do you bypass anti theft? The car will not turn over.When you use the key.But you can jump the starter and she will run for 10 seconds and cut off.

Hi Roger:

We have recently uploaded pages and a description of how to bypass the VATS system on GM vehicles that have the chip on the key (for a small fee).  They are broken down into step by step detailed instructions.
VATS Bypass instructions

I hope these instructions help you.  If not, please contact me again for more information.
Lastly, if you need parts to repair this column simply email us on our "Contact Us / Order Parts" page and we will get back in touch with you personally

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help