Steering Column Repair/Multifunction Switch

Question
I have a 2002 Buick Regal LS, the right blinker does not work. I tried changing the bulb and the fuse, no help. I was told by a garage that its the multifunction switch. Problem is I'm on a very low budget and cannot afford their prices. My son is very handy and I was hoping he could fix it for me. My question is how would he go about getting to the switch and replacing it? Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi Jackie:
Sorry about your car.

The multifunction switch on your car lists for over $572.00 from GM.  O'Reilly parts stores sell it for about $300 (so do others).  It is one of the more expensive switches like that and there is no getting around the price.  You can try a salvage yard, but you never know what you are getting with electrical parts.
Regarding replacement, my company has online instructions (for a small fee) that shows you step by step how to replace that exact switch.
GM Multifunction Switch Replacement Instructions

Here is the link for that.  I hope this all helps

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan