Steering Column Repair/Multifunction Switch

I have a 2002 Buick Regal LS, the right blinker does not work. I tried changing the bulb and the fuse, no help. I was told by a garage that its the multifunction switch. Problem is I'm on a very low budget and cannot afford their prices. My son is very handy and I was hoping he could fix it for me. My question is how would he go about getting to the switch and replacing it? Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hi Jackie:
Sorry about your car.

The multifunction switch on your car lists for over $572.00 from GM.  O'Reilly parts stores sell it for about $300 (so do others).  It is one of the more expensive switches like that and there is no getting around the price.  You can try a salvage yard, but you never know what you are getting with electrical parts.
Regarding replacement, my company has online instructions (for a small fee) that shows you step by step how to replace that exact switch.
GM Multifunction Switch Replacement Instructions

Here is the link for that.  I hope this all helps

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help