Steering Column Repair/Dimmer Switch Install for 92 Thunderbird

Well I have ran into the problem, as in restoring any older car of electrical parts. The dimmer is multi-purpose; headlights, wipers & turn signals. This is my first ever restoration & I've never replaced this kind of part before. So, my question is, how do I access my steering column to change my dimmer switch?? Thanks so much!!

ford multifunction switch
ford multifunction swi  
Hello Jennifer:

This is one of the easiest jobs you will ever do on this car.  The multiswitch is attached to the column with 2 -20 torx screws that are accessible as soon as you remove the two covers on the column.  the covers are held together by 3 phillips screws from the bottom holding the covers together.
That's it
 I have attached a picture of the switch you are replacing and you will see how easy this one will be for you.
Good luck and enjoy the restoration!

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help