Steering Column Repair/key module

Have a 1997 chevy cavalier 2.2

how to remove steering wheel and to remove key module

Hi Gerald
You do not need to remove the steering wheel to replace either the lock cylinder or the ignition switch.  I'm not sure which one you are after but they both come off once you take the covers off the column. Just a few screws hold the top and bottom covers to the column and then you have full access to both
I hope this helps

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help