Steering Column Repair/2001 Buick LeSabre Tilt Steering stuck up

Question
My 2001 Buick LeSabre Tilt Steering is stuck in the up position.
Can I fix this myself?

Answer
Hi Trevor

The tilt mechanism is hyper-extended.  Here's what you need to do to release it.

While holding the tilt release lever as you normally would, very firmly, push the tilt even high than it already is.  This will release the tilt lever so it can be pulled back and overcome the last tooth it has gotten jammed on.  Then you will be able to bring the column back down and the tilt lever will work fine once again.
There is no damage done and if you release the tilt gently from now on, you shouldn't have that issue any more.
Good luck

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan