Steering Column Repair/replace steering column

I have a 1991 olds delta 88. I have looked everywer to find instructions on how to replace the old steering column with the new one and can't find directions. I checkef the manuel and it doesn't show how to either. Please someone help me.

Hi Lanny:

I can certainly help you, but first, why are you replacing it?  Far too often it's easier to repair them then to replace them.  Replacing one on that car involves the airbag system as well as an anti-theft system and you may be creating more trouble than you started with.  
Let me know what's going on and we'll go from there.

If you want to research some detailed information, check out my company website at Steering Column Services--paying special attention to the instructions pages for GM cars.

Talk to you soon

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help