Steering Column Repair/81 Chevy Cheyenne

Question
Hi, Mr.Gan I bought a OLD truck and its a 3speed on the column I was teaching my 15 yr old nephew to drive and he shifted hard on a hill anyhow when we left next day it popped and we only have second and third... I am sure it's the linkage but a pin fell out of my steering column it was broke about an inch long and had a ball on the end as if it would take a pin..???? Anyhow the transmission is fine it can be put in reverse or first from underneath...is it in the column or what????? Thanks for your time and help I have looked everywhere for videos no luck.          Thomas

Answer
Hi Thomas:
Sorry about your truck.  
It sounds like the tip of the shift lever itself has broken off.  Can you post a picture of the part in a reply on this post or send it to me directly so I can see it?  Then, I can most likely tell you what it is and help you resolve this issue.
My email is dgan@steeringcolumnservices.com

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan