Steering Column Repair/key wont turn! stuck in off position

Someone vandalized my 1976 eldorado i tried to put key in and start it the key will not turn at all. I replaced the ignition switch. Now still same thing wont turn over could it be the shifter not in the right position?

Hi Michael:

Sorry about your car.  
The best way for me to tell what may be the problem is for you to send me some pictures of the damaged column.  I need the photos to be from a 3-4 ft perspective...not closeups.  Take them from both sides of the column to give me all the angles.  3 or 4 pictures should do it.

Send them directly to my email at work & I can help determine what is causing your problem and what you may need.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help