Steering Column Repair/99 civic steering wheel.

Question
The 19mm bolt to take the steering wheel off and on, the bolt and but are stripped.. What do I need and what parts do I need to buy to replace this.. My steering wheel is very loose.. Please help..

Answer
Hello Quincy:

I'm sorry to say, you only have 2 choices...with a tap & die set, re-cut the threads to a smaller size or replace the steering column.  The upper shaft itself is not serviceable or replaceable...it is an integral part of a complete column.  You could most likely find a good used one and have it installed, but the cost would most likely be in the 200-300 range.  

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan