Steering Column Repair/99 civic steering wheel.

The 19mm bolt to take the steering wheel off and on, the bolt and but are stripped.. What do I need and what parts do I need to buy to replace this.. My steering wheel is very loose.. Please help..

Hello Quincy:

I'm sorry to say, you only have 2 choices...with a tap & die set, re-cut the threads to a smaller size or replace the steering column.  The upper shaft itself is not serviceable or is an integral part of a complete column.  You could most likely find a good used one and have it installed, but the cost would most likely be in the 200-300 range.  

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help