Steering Column Repair/ignition lock cylinder

Question
I have a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan car. And the steering wheel is locked and won't let me turn the key at all. Can you tell me how to remove the steering wheel and the ignition lock cylinder? And what tools to use.  A video would help me alot.Thank you.

Answer
Hi Brenda:
Sorry about your car.
The wheels need to be forced so you can turn the lock.  There is no way to disassemble the steering or locking mechanism as it is inside the center of the column and part of the dis-assembly process includes turning the key to remove the lock.  You will have to forcefully turn the wheel one way or the other while trying to turn the key...it will come out

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan