Steering Column Repair/ignition lock cylinder

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus sedan car. And the steering wheel is locked and won't let me turn the key at all. Can you tell me how to remove the steering wheel and the ignition lock cylinder? And what tools to use.  A video would help me alot.Thank you.

Hi Brenda:
Sorry about your car.
The wheels need to be forced so you can turn the lock.  There is no way to disassemble the steering or locking mechanism as it is inside the center of the column and part of the dis-assembly process includes turning the key to remove the lock.  You will have to forcefully turn the wheel one way or the other while trying to turn the will come out

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help