Steering Column Repair/Steering column upper bearing replacement

QUESTION: who has a new bearing for this 1990 Chev Blazer Tilt Column.I ordered one it isn't the right size?

ANSWER: Hello Robert:
My company sells this bearing.  Here is the link

Upper bearing (one of 2 on the tilt housing)

Let me know if you need anything else

QUESTION: You say it requires 2. I see only one. Item 21 and 22 on the 1990 Blazer Drawing. What area is the other? Thanks,Bob

There are two identical bearings inside the tilt housing.  One you can see on the top and another about 2 inches further inside the housing.  Sometimes you only need one, but othe times, both are bad.  the only way to tell is to remove the housing

Upper tilt housing

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help