Steering Column Repair/2002 chevy

I changed steering column in my 2002 chevy Silverado and now it turns over but will not stay running! I tried some thing that said it was how to reset security system where u turn key on off wait 10 minutes u do this 3 times my truck still will not start. Are there some wires I can bypass or what should I do ?? can I just put the old column back in?? please help

Hi Crystal:
Sorry about your truck.  Once the antitheft system has been breached, (bypassed or attempted to start with a no start condition), you do need to reprogram the ignition system, but it's more involved than you described.  Often, it takes more than 3 attempts as well.  I have had to do it as many as 6 times before I was successful.  Our company offers those specific instructions for a small fee.  They are broken down into step by step detailed instructions. Here is a link to that page.  This covers many of the switches from 1997-2006 to present.
Reprogram Instructions

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help