Steering Column Repair/replace column shifter mechanism 1998 chevy truck

hi doug found the part from dorman 905-101 what i need is video or pics 2 show me how 2 take off covers and what ever i need 2 get old broke mechanism out and new one in saw in an answer of your 2 some one else you have uploaded what i need on your sight but i cant find it    thanks tom

Hi Tom:

We have recently uploaded pages and a description of how to replace the shifter mechanism on GM vehicles.  They are broken down into step by step detailed instructions (for a small fee). Here is a link to that page.  This covers many of the GM vehicles from 1995 to present.

<a href=">GM
Shift Mechanism Replacement Instructions</a>

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help