Steering Column Repair/steering column 1995chevy 1500 4x4 pickup

I have to tap on column to get rpm and speed omitter and overdrive and first geer to work what woid that be

GM ignition switch
GM ignition switch  
Hello Charles.
That's a pretty strange situation.  the only thing that comes to mind would be a bad connection in the ignition switch itself.  The switch is located underneath the lock and key mechanism and is visible if you remove the lower cover.  These have had a history of failing 1 circuit while still allowing the truck to run.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help