Steering Column Repair/1990 Buick Reatta

Question
Own a 1990 Buick Reatta , one time the ignition key got pulled out while car was still running (actually still driving). Since then car wont start all the time. I have to adjust the wheel up and down, move the gear shifter back and forth sometimes to get it to start.now it wont start at all. was told that the dtm (deterred theft module ) needs to be replaced? can this part be bypass or what other solutions could there be? thank you

Answer
Hi Ashlei
If your key has a small black chip on the shaft, then most likely that was a good assessment.
We have recently uploaded pages and a description of how to bypass the VATS system on GM vehicles that have the chip on the key (for a small fee).  They are broken down into step by step detailed instructions.
http://www.steeringcolumnservices.com/steering-column-repair-how-to-instructions

I hope these instructions help you.  If not, please contact me again for more information.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan