Steering Column Repair/88 chevy 1500 sticky steering

Question
On my 88 chevy I replaced the steering column with one from a recker. The truck it came out of was drove in nothing wrong with it. The truck I put it in sat for 2 years, now my steering is sticky grabs the first three to four inches left to right then is smooth but stiff. Feels as if it's grabbing behind the wheel. Is there a grease or something or is it my power steering pump.

Answer
Hi Matt:

It sounds like a power steering problem, but the best way to determine the location of the issue is to disconnect the column at the gearbox and then see if the column sticks by itself.  If not, then it's in the power assist, not the column.

I hope that helps

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan