Steering Column Repair/broken tilt/steering column

my son has a 1995 gmc jimmy. he managed to "break" something in the column assembly which has his steering wheel dropping down.
it will slap back up into place only to drop again.  it was caused by having too much down force on the steering wheel. where can we start to repair?  the truck runs well otherwise. the tilt seems to be in tact.  sincerly yours,
father of a teenager.

Hello George:
Thanks for writing and sorry about your sons truck.
GM made 2 different design columns in 1995.  Is there a way for you to post a picture of his column.  Once I see the design, I will be able to better address your question.
Alternately, you can email a picture to me at my company address.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help