Steering Column Repair/broken tilt/steering column

Question
my son has a 1995 gmc jimmy. he managed to "break" something in the column assembly which has his steering wheel dropping down.
it will slap back up into place only to drop again.  it was caused by having too much down force on the steering wheel. where can we start to repair?  the truck runs well otherwise. the tilt seems to be in tact.  sincerly yours,
father of a teenager.

Answer
Hello George:
Thanks for writing and sorry about your sons truck.
GM made 2 different design columns in 1995.  Is there a way for you to post a picture of his column.  Once I see the design, I will be able to better address your question.
Alternately, you can email a picture to me at my company address.
doug@steeringcolumnservices.com

Thanks

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan