Steering Column Repair/Mid 60's GM tilt steering column

Question
Bought what I was told was a used tilt steering column with column shifter at swap meet for 64-65 Chevelle/El Camino. It looks very similar in many way...such as it has the full-length one-piece steering shaft that connects to the front mount steering box with rag joint coupler & the other end has the spline where the steering wheel mounts to. The housing is similar but the collar with the transmission shift level is larger diameter & the indicator pointer is different. They are exactly the same length, same plate that mounts to the firewall with same 5 hole pattern & many other similarities. I'm in So Cal & looking for someone local that I can 1) identify what this tilt steering column came out of 2) can possible rebuild it or sell me parts to rebuild it. I need the top piece that mounts to the top of the column that holds the transmission indicator plate & new plate. Any help you can provide would be appreciates. I could also send you photos of the column if that would assist you & me...

Thanks, Craig

Answer
Hi Craig:

It sounds like the column you obtained might be from a truck of that vintage.  We have no way of knowing what they may may be from.  
And sadly, we know of no one that would be able to rebuild that column.  My company (steering column services.com) does offer rebuilding service, but not for columns that old.  We have no parts for those designs.  The only place I know of for the shift indicator might be Classic Performance.  Here is a link to the page of parts we are aware of.  

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan