Steering Column Repair/2006 Jeep Liberty Ignition pin

Question
Does my mechanic need to take the steering wheel off to replace the ignition pin in the ignition cylinder. Or does it have an easier way to take the housing out?

Answer
Hi Jennifer

The housing does not need  to come off to replace the pin inside that breaks.  If the housing is still ok, then the inside shaft can be replaced by removing the lock on the right, the switch on the left and the cover on the bottom.
If the housing itself is broken, then yes, the steering wheel and airbag do have to be removed.

We have instructions for sale on our company website if you need them
Here is that link

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan