Steering Column Repair/1985Chevy El Camino auto w/tilt colm

First my ph #is. I have purchased the kit. Comes with 2bearings a spring, small machine thread screw to keep the spring set once installed, appears to be an inner race for one of the bearings,a small plastic component with a few teeth on it to marry with the piece that was broken which i have no yet located because i cannot see it and now am wondering what to do next? Which ofcourse promted me to ask someone who may give me some advice.It seems as if i need to remove the tilt retainer with the sqaure bit head on it. Please help

Hello Todd:
We do not see a phone number to call you.  you can certainly call us 435-319-6011.
We do not know what "kit" you bought so it's hard to tell what you are trying to work on and replace or what actually broke.
Feel free to contact us and we can further discuss your dilemma.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help