Steering Column Repair/96cadillac steering colum bearings

Do I need to replace upper and lower bearings and how to do it.

Hello Seamon:

It's pretty hard for me to determine what is wrong with your car without any information as to the problem, the model, and why you think you may need to replace the bearings.  Please give me some more information to work with and I will try to help you.

Alternately, you can check out our website that has information, parts and instructions for most all the GM models and common problems.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help