Steering Column Repair/Aztec security key issues

Question
02Aztec new battery drove home can't  shut it off key won't  turn off pulled fuses shut car off can take key in and out but can't  turn it off or start it

Answer
Hi Katie:

It sounds like the lock cylinder (the part the key goes into) has broken in the "on" position.  This is a fairly common problem with that design.  You will need to replace the lock cylinder.  Since the replacement requires rotating the lock to the 'start' position to locate the release pin and you can't do that, you can either force it or call an auto locksmith to come out and replace it (possibly by drilling it out).
If it is done correctly you will not need to replace anything else.  If it is not done correctly there is a good possibility of damaging the housing the cylinder goes in and that part is almost $200.
My company offers instructions for sale (for $4.95) that tell you how to accomplish the removal.  These are an immediate download so you can have them in minutes.
Here is the link.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan