Steering Column Repair/Ford taurus

I have lost my only key I had to start my 2000 Taurus I have also a 97 Taurus ignition, steering column, ignition key,the pats system (computers) can I put the parts from the 97 into my 2000 to have my car going again? An its my understanding any way I go about this situation I am going have to take it to dealership have key programed.

Hi Heather:
Sorry about your lost keys.
It's been a while since I worked on a PATS system, but I think a locksmith with the correct coding equipment can just make you a new key coded to the original system without you having to replace anything.
Alternately, I also believe all you would need to change is the lock cylinder  and transponder (around the lock).  Then, using the key that matches, it should start ---even without programming.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help