Steering Column Repair/03 dakota

Was wondering why my shifter indicator just spins and the !y truck won't start. I changed my battery and alternated and had my computer checked no one can tell me what is going on

ignition switch from
ignition switch from s  
Hello Nita:

I think the problem is the ignition switch itself...not the key and lock, but the switch that the lock slides into (picture attached).  There are 2 designs and if the wrong one is in there, then the symptoms you described show up.  Yours has an extra terminal that HAS to be connected
Also, (obviously), check ALL the fuses inside and outside the vehicle...possibly one of the ignition fuses is blown causing the issue.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help