Steering Column Repair/03 dakota

Question
Was wondering why my shifter indicator just spins and the !y truck won't start. I changed my battery and alternated and had my computer checked no one can tell me what is going on

Answer
ignition switch from steeringcolumnservices.com
ignition switch from s  
Hello Nita:

I think the problem is the ignition switch itself...not the key and lock, but the switch that the lock slides into (picture attached).  There are 2 designs and if the wrong one is in there, then the symptoms you described show up.  Yours has an extra terminal that HAS to be connected
Also, (obviously), check ALL the fuses inside and outside the vehicle...possibly one of the ignition fuses is blown causing the issue.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan