Steering Column Repair/1977 K5 Blazer

Need to replace bushings&bearings in steering column the column is in a raised swamp buggy. Are there other years that parts are compatable? Thanks,Art

Hello Art:

You don't say whether it's tilt or non-tilt, but the simple answer is yes, regardless.  Tilt column from 1977through about 1990 are pretty much the same internally (with the exception of the dimmer/wiper setup).  Tilt and non-tilt are not interchangeable but each design used the same parts internally for many years.
Take a look at our website for a complete list of parts and many of the interchanges for each.

Pay specific attention to the 'overhaul kits' as that may be what you are looking for.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help