Steering Column Repair/1998ford explorer

Question
I replaced steering column and key switch and it won't start how do i reprogram key:

Answer
Hi Charlie:

The process is somewhat complicated, but here are the answers:
If you have the tranceiver from the original column, use it.  Otherwise you may need a scan tool to reprogram your system
First you will need two original programmed keys that will turn the lock cylinder.  If you are using another lock cylinder, then you have to recode them to the original key cuts.  Once you have original keys that turn the lock on the replacement column
1  Insert your first programmed key into the car's ignition and turn it to the "On" position.
2  Cycle the first key back "Off," remove it from the ignition and insert the second programmed key within 5 seconds.
3  Cycle in "On" and "Off" and then remove the second key.
4  Insert the key you would like to reset within 10 seconds, leave it "On" for one second and then cycle it back to "Off."
5  Leave the key in the ignition until the security light turns on, then remove the key to complete the programming process.

Good luck

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7424087_reset-key-ignition-ford-f_150.html

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan