Steering Column Repair/1978 chevy 1/2 ton pick up

When turn the key on the column there is no power but if I push up the gear shifter up it starts what can cause that?

Hello David:

There are a ;lot of questions I need answered to address your problem.
If you would like to discuss your specific problem, we can chat over the phone during normal business hours.  My company is steering column 435-319-6011

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help