Steering Column Repair/steering column

Where does the dimmer actuator go in the steering column?

Hello Elizabeth.
I can only assume you are asking about a GM steering column with tilt.  If so, here is a picture of where that part fits in the column.
I hope this is what you wanted to know, otherwise re-post your question with a bit more detail so I might know what you are working on.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help