Steering Column Repair/tilt steering wheel

I have a 1992 Chevy Blazer (full size) and the tilt wheel is stuck all the way down. any thoughts on how I can fix this myself? Thanks in advance!

Hi Jason:

From the sounds of it, your column has hyper-extended.  Without seeing the problem firsthand, the best advice I can give you is to actually do the following...
while pulling the tilt lever towards you (like you wanted to tilt it), push the column even lower and then release it.  Hopefully you will be able to overcome the last notch on the tilt mechanism that it has jumped beyond.

Aside from that, you may have to disassemble it to actually remedy the problem.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help