Steering Column Repair/tilt steering wheel

Question
I have a 1992 Chevy Blazer (full size) and the tilt wheel is stuck all the way down. any thoughts on how I can fix this myself? Thanks in advance!

Answer
Hi Jason:

From the sounds of it, your column has hyper-extended.  Without seeing the problem firsthand, the best advice I can give you is to actually do the following...
while pulling the tilt lever towards you (like you wanted to tilt it), push the column even lower and then release it.  Hopefully you will be able to overcome the last notch on the tilt mechanism that it has jumped beyond.

Aside from that, you may have to disassemble it to actually remedy the problem.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan