Steering Column Repair/front windshield wiper switch

I have 2005 ford freestar and the front windshield wipers won't come on, or spray fluid. Rear ones work fine. I've checked fuse and there all good. Can just part of these controls on this  switch go bad or is there some place else I should be looking. Thanks for any input.

Hello Michael

Most likely it is a multifunction switch that is bad.  There is really no way to diagnose this over the internet, but that's the most common part that fails.  The wiper and the washers are 2 separate motors, so I doubt very much that they both failed at the exact same time.  The multiswitch controls both (along with other items),so that's probably the culprit.  And yes, it can fail partially without affecting other components.  That part is available at any parts store.  

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help