Steering Column Repair/retainer clip

Question
I have a late 80's gm steering column and I've been trying to get the lower bearing assemble off so I can take the shift arm off and then slide on a new floor pad and seal for my 57 chevy pu....I broke the metal retaining ring that holds everything in place....there are a lot of teeth on the inside of the ring that grip the shaft.. maybe I can't do what I would like to and the shift arm has to come off another way......but I need to get a replacement ring....where can I order one of those rings...thanks for your time...much appreciated...Ray

Answer
Hello Ray:

We may have what you need, but we need to know:
1) the diameter of the shaft you are working on and
2) for you to send us a picture of the part you are trying to describe.  Between the different design models and each of our unique descriptions, it gets real hard to translate without seeing it.  Just snap a picture or 2 on your phone and you can send them right to this email address… info@steeringcolumnservices.com

We will take a look and see if we can help you.
Thanks

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan