Steering Column Repair/93 chevy 3500 steering column compatible

My 92 GMC Sonoma has a broken steering column. There is a 93 Chevy 3500 available for parts. I need to know if the parts will be compatible.

Hello Tad:

You do not  say if both columns are tilt or non-tilt, but some of the parts will fit if they are compatible (tilt for tilt, etc).  If they are not the same, then only the lock and TS switch are compatible with each other.

Give us a little more detail for each column and I can be more specific.  They will not swap out exactly, so your only choice if to match parts from each.

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help