Steering Column Repair/1991 Bronco ignition, tilt column

My Bronco key will start and stop the engine. But, must hold pressure on the key, or it will turn back to far and shut off the engine. The pressure to hold towards the start side is minute, or just enough to keep it from turning counter-clockwise too far. All of the other electrical systems stay on.

Hi Gary:

Sorry about your truck.  From the sounds of it, you have a broken ignition actuator.
We have instructions for sale on our website for how to remedy this problem in a Ford steering column.  They are broken down into step by step pictures and details here.
The instructions will be an immediate download from a link on your receipt, so you will have them as soon as you order them.

Also, the part you need to order as well is located on this page.
Simply follow the “Add To Cart” and “Checkout” links and order whatever you need online.
The part, obviously, we will have to ship.

I hope this helps you.  If not, please contact us again for more information.
Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help