Steering Column Repair/Changing steering column from a straight shift to an automatic column tilt cruse 92 Chevy Z-71 4x4

Changed column in 92 Chevy Z-71 manual shift to column that is an automatic steering column tilt,cruse works great but wipers don't work please tell me the problem thanks a lot charles

Hello Charles
Most likely the switch in the replacement column was a different switch from the one you took out.  Check the plugs to see if they have the same wire colors and positions.  If they do not, then you will need to replace the new switch with the one form the old column.  If they do, the the switch is probably bad in the new column.  Either way, it looks like you will be disassembling the new column

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help