Steering Column Repair/Excessive Steering Wheel Play

Question
86 camaro automatic with tilt steering column. When I put the key in the ignition and unlock the steering wheel before I even start the car there is Excessive Steering Wheel play on the steering wheel on the right side. The column is nice and tight with no problem. The same problem exist while driving the car. When going straight the steering wheel has Excessive Play on right side. Suspension is in good condition.

Answer
Hello Vincent:

The best way to deal with this question is on the phone discussing what you mean by "The column is nice and tight with no problem...the steering wheel has Excessive Play on right side.

Those statements contradict each other until we can discuss it and I understand what it is you are referring to when you say "Excessive play"
Pleas call my office in the morning
Steering Column Services--435-319-6011

Thanks

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan