Steering Column Repair/locked steering

Question
I have a 2004 acra rl that was stolen and the steering column and
ignition switch smashed. I would like to know how to unlock the steering and to replace the ignition switch. I would like to know if there is a video or repair manual available and if you
have any other suggestions for me.

Answer
Hello Phil:

Sorry about your car.
Acura and Honda are virtually the same design, especially when it comes to the steering column and ignition replacement.  Here is a video I found on youtube that will take you through the steps to remove and replace the ignition switch assembly.  You very well may have an antitheft system that will prevent you from starting the car once you replace the ignition.  If that's the case, you will need to tow it to a Honda/Acura dealer to get the system reprogrammed to the new keys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAREADz7BMA

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan