Straight Chiropractic/Less weight = more speed?

In most sports, with the exceptions possibly being football and baseball, do the lightest atheletes tend to be faster?
I have noticed as a soccer/hockey mom that the fastest, but not necessarilly the most skilled, kids tend to be smaller and lighter.
I have a big family of jocks, and my husband thinks that the boys need to put on more muscle to get faster and stronger. I dont know if that is a good idea. I think they should stay away from weights to stay light and just work on speed drills.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Good Day, Barb.

I'm sorry to tell you, ouroffice was hit hard by Sandy and I'm only just now recovering my computer operations.  I have to ask you to wait for a few days for the answer to this question.  I hope you understand.

James W.Healey, DC

Straight Chiropractic

James W. Healey, D.C.

I can answer questions about what is known as Straight Chiropractic, a modern branch of chiropractic focusing on individual potential and optimum human performance, and Vertebral Subluxation, a very common condition of spinal bones which affects an individual`s ability to express their full potential in every aspect of human performance.

I have been in this field for over thirty years, in private practice and as a lecturer at seminars around the country. I have served on the faculty and administrations of two Straight Chiropractic Colleges and was the president of a federally-recognized Straight Chiropractic accrediting agency.

I have served as an officer and director of the Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations (FSCO), an international organization, and am a member and director of the Garden State Chiropractic Society (GSCS) in New Jersey. I am a member of The Chiropractic Trust and the review board of the Journal of Straight Chiropractic.

I am a regular contributor to Straight To You, the Journal of the Garden State Chiropractic Society and was a columnist for Dynamic Chiropractic. I have also been published in The Chiropractic Journal and publications of the Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations.

I am a 1981 graduate of Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic, attended University of Chicago and hold a Bachelor's degree from Gettysburg College.

I am a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was named Chiropractor of the Year in 1986, 1991, 1996 and 1998 by the Garden State Chiropractic Society and Regent of the Year in 1985 by Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic.