Strength Training/Body measurements

Hi there,

I'm on a fitness and diet regime that I plan to stick to solidly for three months in the hope I can get trimmer. I'm not measuring my weightloss based on measuring scales but on inches lost.

I'm 23, female (obviously :D), 5 ft 7 and about 10 stone 3 so 143lbs or 65 kg. I have been a stone lighter than that not so long ago but I was actually fatter then, so I'm guessing some part of the weight increase is muscle. That's why I don't want to rely solely on my weight measurement.

Right now I measure out as,
Bust: 37"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 42"
Thigh: 24"

I'm a size twelve/ten and I want to get down to a size 8/10 (British size). As you can see I'm most likely a natural pear shape. I plan on loosing about five inches off of each measurement (not including the bust).

How realistic is this if I workout everyday for a minimum of 30 mins with varied cardio/strength training exercise. On a good diet with minimum white carb intake. No sugar and very little dairy. And PLENTY of water.

Could I reach that goal within three months? What would be a healthy goal in measurements for someone of my height? On average.

Hope you can help. Thanks. And if you need to know more to give me a better answer feel free to ask.  :)

Hi Louise,
I believe that it is possible that you will reach your measurement goals within your sprecified time frame.You could probably lose 3-4 inches  off of your measurements. Your gosls are realistic and attainable.
Thank you-good luck,

Strength Training

Bonnie Hardie

I am a personal trainer/boot camp instructor in SouthEast Florida. I am certified in: personal training,aerobics,nutrition,womens,senior,youth and boot camp fitness.I can answer questions about workouts,sets and reps,pyramid training,drop sets,etc.I can tell you what to look for when planning to join a gym. Please do not ask me to design a weight training program for you thru this forum.If you want me to design a program for you--please sign up for online personal training:

I have been a personal trainer,aerobics instructor,nutrition advisor and boot camp instructor for several years,in South Florida.
I generally prefer to train people outdoors in a park setting.The workout outside is just as tough as a gym workout.I can give people a excellent workout using just their bodyweight.I do a bootcamp style class with groups of 5-10 people.

Certified: Personal Trainer Aerobics Instructor Indoor Cycling Nutrition Advisor