Strength Training/push ups

Question
QUESTION: Sir can my belly(not chest,legs or knees) touch the floor after coming downwhile performing a push

ANSWER: Hey Abid and thank you for your question.

For performing a push up, your body should be in a straight line as you descend and ascend. If your belly is sticking, you are most likely letting your hips sag and drop, which I would not advise. Try to keep everything in a straight line as you go down and up.

QUESTION: Sir actually i have increased weight causing my belly to be really fat therefore my belly touches the floor before my chest  or any other part and i rise myself before any other part than belly touches the floor

Answer
Hey Abid. Try to go as low as you can go for the push up. Also try to do a cardiovascular activity such as jogging/biking/swimming several (3-4) times a week to burn excess weight so your belly will shrink.

If you find your stomach is causing you trouble for push ups, get a dumbbell in each hand and do a lying down dumbbell bench press and aim for 8-12 repetitions of 1-2 sets starting. Then the next week increase the weight slightly or do an extra set.

Let me know if this is working and email me back for a follow up. Thanks Abid!

Strength Training

Daniel