Strength Training/Leg Cramps

My problem is that when i run more than 3-5kms in a day then my legs muscles starts to pain in night while sleeping.

I consulted a physician and he recomended some vitamin tablets which didn't helped me much.

I have increased my protein intake in the form of non-veg diets.

All i want to ask is that how can i get rid of this excruciating muscle pain at night. Is there any kind of excercise or running i have to do?

Hi Suraj, I am no doctor but your problem could be due to many things. Make sure you drinking plenty of water and replenishing electrolytes after running. Also be sure to warm-up followed by some stretching before you run and then warm down with a little more stretching after you run. good luck

Strength Training

Joe Gunn

Master's Degree with majors in Exercise Science and Psychology. Teach college courses in weight training, jogging/fitness, and wellness. Expertise include strength training, long distance running, sprinting, general fitness, weight loss, and nutritional education.

Over 30 years as a personal trainer of athletes as well as average individuals.

Certified strength and Conditioning Specialist with the the National Strength and Conditiong Association. Certified Club coach with the United States Weightlifting Association. Certifed Level II long distance coach with the USA Track & Field.

M.S with majors in exercise science and psychology