Strength Training/Weight loss help question ?

Hello Joe, how are you doing ? My name is Chris, I am a 30/m 6"1
I weight about the 275-280's rage. My goal is to another 90-95 Lbs
I see some people who have reach their weight loss transformation, and some said in the
Beginning of there process, they did more strength training, then they did cardio,
So I was wondering, if I did nothing but strength training and maybe one day out the week do cardio
Would that work ? Or if I do strength training in the morning, and cardio towards the end of the day,
Which one work better ? Because people are always saying 60 min is what you should do and no more for
A workout session. Thank you so much Joe.

Hey Chris, just about any type activity will work as long as you are expending more calories than you take in. I recommend that my clients do cardio (and I like walking on an inclined treadmill at a pace that keeps your heart rate in the 70-80% range for 30-40 mins) 5-6 days a week immediately followed by strength training for 30-40 mins. Calories burned are in the 500 range and makes for a good daily deficit. The best deal is what works for your...start easy and work your way up.....cut your calories...good luck

Strength Training

Joe Gunn

Master's Degree with majors in Exercise Science and Psychology. Teach college courses in weight training, jogging/fitness, and wellness. Expertise include strength training, long distance running, sprinting, general fitness, weight loss, and nutritional education.

Over 30 years as a personal trainer of athletes as well as average individuals.

Certified strength and Conditioning Specialist with the the National Strength and Conditiong Association. Certified Club coach with the United States Weightlifting Association. Certifed Level II long distance coach with the USA Track & Field.

M.S with majors in exercise science and psychology